Monday, December 13, 2004

Art or Photography

Having very recently set up this photoblog, and having spent some time browsing the offerings of many members of Photoblogs.org, I am staggered at the superb quality of what there is. I have a long way to go, but I shall persevere and perhaps someday measure up to some of what I have seen.
What intrigues me a little is in trying to decide by what extent photographs can, or should, be improved outside of the camera. Just how much is a good photograph dependent upon high quality camera equipment, or can poor quality be retrieved by a photo editting programme. I am sure however, that no amount of manipulation can save a badly composed photograph. But, just how much enhancement is permissible, and should it be admitted to.
If the end result is acceptable to the eye, should we even care? Then, are we looking at photographs or works of art?

No comments: