Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Westonbirt Arboretum

A while ago we visited Westonbirt Arboretum near Tetbury in Gloucestershire and were rewarded with some magnificent walks around the 600 acres that form the site. There are said to be some 17 miles of pathways, although I have to confess that we didn't cover more than perhaps 3 or 4.


The weather during the visit was not particularly inspiring so that I limited my photography to recording some of the modern garden art displays. Some was impressive, whilst some I have to confess, left me cold. I am certainly not entirely sure that I would want include most of them in my garden. It was something to occupy us for a while to break the journey to the south.



Hopefully I shall make a return visit on a more cheerful day and be able to record some of the wonderful trees and shrubs.

There are a few more photographs at Smugmug - Westonbirt Arboretum

1 comment:

Marcus said...

I love Westonbirt Arboretum! That's only about 20 minutes drive away from where I live! I've been there both in the Spring and in the Autumn, and it's always lovely.

I can even remember doing a school trip there when I was at primary school.

Gloucestershire is great.