Sunday, March 19, 2006

Sunshine?

I do believe I saw the sun for a few seconds earlier this morning, but then again I could be mistaken. It has been so miserable here for the last few weeks that I despair of ever getting out with my camera ever again. I am not into suffering for my art, and nor is my wife either. Although she is pretty tolerant of my picture taking activities, she does rather draw the line when the temperatures are sub-zero and the wind is blowing and I start to try to set up a shot that maybe takes a few attempts.

Hence, lately I have been indulging myself with a revisiting of some pre-digital photos of previous Spanish holidays in the sun. I am not actually a lover of high temperatures either, so any such visits are usually restricted to early or late season trips. But, for photographic purposes, I do prefer the sun to be shining as it does give a lift to the colours.

I was tempted the other day to photograph one or two indoor plants as they seem to be the only splashes of colour to be seen. This Kalanchoe is a new addition to the household and seemed to be a worthy subject.




The next picture is of a sedum (I think) with its reflection in a glass table top.




For anyone interested in a bit more sunshine I have now added a few more pictures to the Spanish collection. Meanwhile, I still live in hope of actually being able to get out with the camera again soon. Think perhaps I should read up in the manual on how to use it.

No comments: