Friday, July 14, 2006

Logan's Rock, Cornwall

Many years ago, too many in fact, I went to Logan's Rock in Cornwall and distinctly remember seeing a "rocking" stone balanced precariously on the cliff top. This year I relived my childhood memories and went back there, or at least tried to. Parking up at the car park in Treen we set off to walk across the fields to see Logan's Rock, and whilst we saw what everyone tells me was indeed Logan's Rock, it was not as I recalled it. There was no "rocking" stone, just lots of magnificent views, and lots of rocks, but not the one I wanted.
Maybe it has been pushed back off its perch, back onto the beach as it was in 1824. After this incident it had to be hauled back up the cliffs, all 80 or so tons of it, and re-sited. Never mind, it was a glorious walk, although some of the scrambling over the rocks made me more aware of the differences between the two visits. Maybe the French are right. Vive la difference!


For more pictures of the visit, click here

1 comment:

eyanharve said...

Awesome Photo and too beautiful. I like it very much.
- St Austell Cornwall