Tuesday, April 19, 2005

General Election

As this does not pretend to be a political blog I am not going to pontificate too much on this topic. I would just like to say that I have the greatest sympathy for all of you living in the USA where your election campaigns seem to go on for ever. Here in the UK the election was only officially called about a week ago and I am already heartily sick of it all with 2 or 3 weeks to go. How you cope with months of it I will never know.
I think I must be a politicians nightmare as I find it nearly impossible to make a choice of which party should get my vote. I was rather leaning towards the Lib Dems, but having seen Charles Kennedy being given the third degree by Jeremy Paxman last night, I may have started to float off again. I know he has just become a father and is most probably suffering from sleep deprivation, but he seemed to be pretty well unprepared for some of the questions, and his knowledge of detail, even of his own policies, was sketchy to say the least. Nice guy though.
I look forward to the other two being ripped apart in the coming days.
Unless something turns up to suggest that any of them know what they are about and can convince me of their integrity, then maybe I should just exercise my democratic right, and not vote for anyone.

No comments: