Thursday, March 17, 2005

Cats

I spent a while this morning surfing on BE and couldn't help but notice just how many people there were who were posting pictures of cats. I would have to put myself into the category of cat lover, but sadly at the moment sans cat. Our moggie departed this life last year and we have been trying ever since to convince ourselves that we do not want another. Being presented with them by other blogs does not help the cause. However, not to be left out I shall post a photo of one of my daughter's cats, Cleo, who at the moment is about as close as we get to owning one.

Cleo. Posted by Hello

Also spent some time this afternoon out in the garden getting physical. It has been a long time since I was able to brave the elements and get amongst the plants. Started to empty the contents of our compost bins onto the borders. It's always satisfying to see the change from grass and plant cuttings to rich dark chocolatey coloured compost.

Following me around was our resident robin who was waiting anxiously to get on the ground to see what had been going on. He's a cheerful soul who delights in singing to us as we work.

Robin Posted by Hello

One thing that has annoyed me is the amount of rubbish that had to be cleared out from under the hedge. Does no one take home their rubbish these days. I filled a good sized carrier bag with just about every brand of sweet, chocolate bar and cigarette wrapper to be found in the average supermarket, not to mention beer, lager and soft drinks cans and bottles.
Other than that, today has been good, and I look forward to tomorrow when I can continue the task - weather permitting!

No comments: