Friday, June 24, 2005

Saving The Planet

Well, the rains have come at last. Now I don't have to feel so guilty about watering the garden last night. We live on a small island here just off the mainland of Europe and have always been mocked in the past for our awful weather. Well, here in the East Midlands it has not been too bad just lately, presumably thanks to global warming even if George W Bush doesn't believe in it yet. Maybe someone should turn off the air conditioning in the White House so that he could get the message.

Back to the point; our garden was beginning to look pretty dried out and so I decided that, planet or not, our garden had to be saved. The northern and western parts of the country are awash with water so I can't see why it can't be moved around a bit more. After all, oil gets moved around the world on a regular basis, and you could argue that the need for water was even greater. We have invested a lot of time and effort, not to mention the cost, into making our garden a pleasant place to be and so I think it deserved a drink. So it had a good soaking last evening, and now the heavens have opened and completed the job for me.

Here are a few of our roses which really are looking superb at the moment.


Sweet Juliette



Iceberg



Iceberg


Before the rains came we had some glorious sunsets which I felt worthy of the camera.


Sunset Posted by Hello

On the whole I believe that the planet is worth saving, but in the meantime I shall continue with the watering.

No comments: