Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Harbingers of spring

I have been looking for inspiration to get my camera out to try to find something worthy of record. Wandering around the garden, I found a few harbingers of spring which brought a certain amount of joy to my heart, as things seem to be starting to wake up now.

anemone Posted by Hello

An evergreen candytuft (Iberis Semperoirens) is certainly very early this year even allowing for the comparatively mild winter.

Candytuft Posted by Hello

Tucked away under the shelter of some larger shrubs I found some narcissus just about to come into flower.


Narcissus Posted by Hello

The crocus I photographed a few days ago has been joined by some more now.

Crocus Posted by Hello

One of the few berries left by the birds.

Hollyberry Posted by Hello

No comments: