Thursday, February 03, 2005

Mrs Droopy Wing

For many years now we have been being visited by an alpha female blackbird. Sadly, this morning, my wife found her body lying by the pond. It didn't look as if she had been got by the neighbourhood cats as there seemed to be no damage to be seen. Just old age I guess. Her partner is sitting in one of the trees now waiting for her to come home. We called her "Mrs Droopy Wing" for obvious reasons as she always trailed one wing almost on the ground. She also had a little white bib which made her instantly recognisable.

I was never able to get a photograph of her as my camera really does not have a good enough zoom. If you want to see stunning photography, take a look at Sensitive Light where you will find some of the best bird photos I have ever seen.

No comments: