Friday, February 25, 2005

London Again

We are just back from another trip to London in which I had hoped to get a few decent pictures, but I fear that this was not to be. The weather was bitterly cold, it tried hard to snow and the light was poor. Some photos were out of focus, or so I thought; on closer examination, nothing in the photos was sharp so I can only conclude that it was down to camera shake as a result of the cold. Not a problem I have ever experienced before.
We had been round Westminster Abbey which was only marginally warmer inside than out. I think I must be getting old or something. Anyway, all the pictures I took after we came out have been discarded, so I just hope that the next time it will be warmer.
These few photos didn't get away, and I include them just so that the trip wasn't a total waste.

This first needs no introduction.

Big Ben Posted by Hello


I quite liked this picture as it clearly shows the contrasts between ancient and modern. Posted by Hello

I hope that the Olympic committee found things warmer than we did, on their recent visit to London. There is something of a social comment here, with the London 2012 flags flying next to the various placards trying to call attention to some other more important issues.

Flags Posted by Hello

1 comment:

Marcus said...

I really like the picture showing the wheel in the background. I like pictures which show things beyond other things, such as the view of a distant cathedreal through some trees or poking over the top of houses.